Best youth Crossbow:
1. Barnett Recruit Terrain Crossbow
- Crossbow Mass: 6 pounds
- Arrow Weight: 400 grains
- Speed: 330 FPS
- Power Stroke: 13.5 inches
- Draw Weight: 140 pounds
- Kinetic Energy: 91.9 Ft-Lbs
- Momentum: 0.586 Slugs
- Axle to Axle Width: 16.125 inches (Uncocked)
- Total Length: 34.25 inches
- Ships mostly assembled
- Anti-vibration foot stirrup
- Trigger tech technology with 3 pound zero-creep release
- Nock sensor and ADF eliminated dry fires
- Crank cocking Device Compatible
- Stainless steal
- 1 year Manufacturers limited warranty
- 4 x 32 scope
- rope cocking device
- 2 – 20 inch headhunter arrows
- Lube waz
- Around $300
While the Barnett Recruit is designed for smaller framed shooters, it still offers plenty of speed while weighing much less than other bows. The draw weight sits at 140 pounds, ideal for beginners learning the art of hunting with a crossbow. Weighing a light 6.4 pounds, this bow is accessible to easy to handle for younger hunters to carry by themselves. The draw weight is the most attractive thing about this bow because younger hunters can cock it themselves without additional assistance.
The Recruit comes with the crossbow, quiver, three arrows, and a 4×32 scope- all items needed for assembly. The adjustable stock is quintessential for a customized feel. For a reasonable price, the Recruit offers everything needed for assembly as well as safety features through foregrip to protect a young hunter and provide the best crossbow experience.
2. TENPOINT TITAN M1 CROSSBOW
- Crossbow Mass: 6.4 pounds
- Arrow Weight: grains
- Speed: 360 FPS
- Power Stroke: 14 inches
- Draw Weight: 180 pounds
- Kinetic Energy: 115 Ft-Lbs
- Momentum: 0.639 Slugs
- Axle to Axle Width: 9 inches (cocked) and 14 inches (uncocked)
- Total Length: 32.5 inches (without foot stirrup)
- ACUdraw (reduces the required cocking force to just 5 pounds) or Rope-Sled
- Built-in America
- Lifetime Manufacturers limited warranty; except for
- 5 years on bow limbs, scope, and cocking devices
- Strings and cables not covered by warranty
- 3 x TenPoint Pro Elite 400 carbon arrows with 100-grain practice points
- 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver
- TenPoint’s 3x Pro-View 3 Scope mounted on a machined aluminum 7/8-inch Fixed Dovetail Mount
- Around $850 – $950
This crossbow is one of TenPoint’s best-seller because of its impressive accuracy enhancement and convenience features. It is a great crossbow for a more advanced or older youth. What stands out most about this model is how light, short, and fast it is. It has a customizable stock, adjustable height, and a two-position butt plate that is perfect for a customized fit. This bow is everything a youth needs to begin hunting like a pro.
If you’re looking for a crossbow for your youth to practice their target shooting with or do small game hunting with you, this couldn’t be a better bow to choose. However, if you want a crossbow for the big game, there are many others that hit much harder. It’s extremely light, weighing only 6.4 pounds which is a bonus for a youth who is still smaller framed than a full-grown adult. However, it does have a draw weight of 180…so they could still need some help in cocking it. Its compact design means you can hunt in all positions like sitting, standing, or laying down in the brush.
The TenPoint Titan M1 Crossbow comes with a 3x Pro-view 3 Scope, 3-Pack Pro Elite 400 Carbon Arrows, and a 3-Arrow Instant Detach Quiver that is all included with the purchase, which is a major plus for a reasonably affordable price.
The arrows are launched from the bow at 360 feet per second, allowing you to catch the prey that is quick and agile. Its 3X multi-line scope is a huge advantage if you’re trying to spot prey, as it becomes calibrated to make your job easier.